Articles of Richardson Studies are divided into 8 parts as described below. To access these articles, use the Table of Contents.
1. FAMILY: Make family your top priority while you go through school, career, & public service. Creating a family will be a critical foundation which will give meaning to all other areas of your life. Modesty & chastity in dating will lead to happy families. Marriages are precious, requiring careful regular maintenance. Righteously governing a large posterity is perhaps the single greatest gift you can give to yourself, to others, & to God. We all descend from our Heavenly Father and Mother, and our families can, just like the family of our Heavenly Parents, continue beyond the grave. Temples are key to the eternal union of families.Therein we are no more limited to the woeful “until death do ye part” which has long been heard in secular marriage ceremonies. All people of earth, past present & future, will yet have opportunities to enter these temples and be sealed in family units. Thus we see that family life is how mankind can become like God. Heaven is an extension of the ideal home.
2. SALVATION: Jesus Christ is the Savior of the mankind, and can help every person to avoid suffering & have more joy. Those who commit to follow all of his teachings such as repentance of sin will overcome all things & experience a future glorious beyond comprehension, even parallel to the lifestyle of God. Follow your conscience to do good continually, and be not ashamed of Jesus Christ and the messengers who assist him in bringing to pass the salvation and exaltation of mankind. Eventually all people of the human race will see Jesus Christ and know that he is the creator & God of this world.
3. RESTORATION: The greatest marvel of modern times is that Jesus Christ has restored (brought back) his church as in times of old with prophets, visions, revelations, healings, temples, and organization. His church is his delivery system to carry knowledge and power to us. Never before has the world been in greater need of the pure knowledge and power which comes from this more direct interaction with God. Not only do we have the Holy Bible for God’s word, but additional scripture from ancient & modern prophets has recently been revealed. Through the power of the priesthood, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have the authority to baptize, bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost, seal families together on earth who remain sealed in heaven, and perform all kinds of other miracles as in times of old. To join the church of Jesus Christ is to officially join his team, and in return to gain the strength needed to pass all trials of this life.
4. LAST DAYS: The return of Jesus Christ will be breathtakingly soon, wherein the world, meaning the wickedness therein, will end. Prepare for hardship, & most of all, prepare to meet God. You do not have the luxury of waiting to meet him until old age has refined you. God trusts and expects that you can quickly overcome the natural man, and perform a great work for him in these last days in preparation for his coming, wherein immortality & world peace for 1,000 years will commence. As 1,000 years is a day to God, & the temporal lifespan of earth he has declared to be 7,000 years, it is now that Sabbath day of the end of the week of earth. Joyfully watch the signs God has given us from ancient and modern prophets regarding the winding up scenes of the days of life on earth as we know it. Be humbled by your opportunity to participate in the greatest era of the history of mankind.
5. MISSIONARY: Everyone is invited join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and thereby find the power to become joint heirs with Jesus Christ to all that the Father has. This glorious message has been declared with power and authrity by modern prophets of God, and we need foot soldiers who will peddle this message to the ends of the earth, inviting all to come without money and without price to feast at the table of the Lord. God’s kingdom is a house of order, and the gate to that house is baptism. Not just any baptism, but baptism by one having authority. That authority was bestowed on this church by the resurrected Peter, John the Baptist, Moses, Elias, Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father himself. Master key scriptures to assist you in your quest to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to your children, your community, and the ends of the earth.
6. GOVERNMENT: No man is an island, so we must be watchful of what is occurring in the world. Our political views reflect what we they believe is morally right or wrong, & thus are a reflection our moral character. Since God is interested in our moral character, he is interested in our political views and political participation. Vote for what serves the greater good rather than personal interest. Be willing to do hard things for your society rather than expecting everything to be given to you. God was close to the founders when they wrote the US Constitution, and now wicked men conspire to put down that government. Truly the establishment of America is to prepare people to receive the fullness of Gods law when he comes to reign as king of earth. As predicted by ancient prophets, and revealed by modern prophets, conspiring evil men form secret combinations to destroy the freedom of all mankind. Formal participation in government systems is important, but also critical for good government is that people create and take responsibility for families, & promote religious values.
7. EDUCATION: We learn not only by experience, but by study. Have the faith to make time in your life to learn, even if it means foregoing some comforts. Learn to get a career, but also learn history, language, sciences, and arts of all kinds. How rare is the true scholar, with passion for his work, who looks beyond paper degrees and recognition! God does not intend our lives to be plain, or for us only to learn of one topic such as religion or business. Brigham Young taught that education is the ability to appreciate life. Each of have talents and special interests from pre-mortality, and can cultivate those talents further here on earth. May we press forward seeking knowledge, trusting that the acquisition thereof will be one of the few things that continues with us when this short life is over. May we understand the heightened ability to love and serve others which will come with honest education. While seeking to learn, let us never forget that charity is the greatest of spiritual gifts, and that knowledge without persistent charity avails us nothing.
8. HEALTH: What we do with our bodies is closely related to our ability to follow conscience. Good health practices will help us meet the great expectations God has in us. God has a body, & bodies are one of Gods greatest gifts to us. Abuse of drugs or other substances we put into our bodies are key methods Satan uses to destroy us, & desensitize us to our mortal missions. How many of us are asleep in these matters, and know little of the bodies we live in? How many of us have mastered our flesh, and won the increased ability to joyfully serve others thereby? Wholesome recreation is a glue that strengthens relationships. Righteous participation in sport song and dance are pleasing to God. Our bodies will prove to be the key to our holiness and power, or the lock to our eternal doom.
My best to you friends
–Nate Richardson, Editor (email@example.com)